We have a reputable team of Residents and Visiting Medical Consultants who are well qualified and experienced in their respective field.
They are strongly supported by a dedicated nursing team and paramedical staff in all the discipline of medicine to deliver personalised service.
The combined force provides specialised outpatient as well as inpatient services:
Accident & Emergency (A&E) is also known as Emergency Room & Casualty where specialized in managing all critically ill and emergency cases. A&E also provides an outpatient treatment for all walk in patient who requires urgent care. A&E is fully equipped with emergency equipment with the support of competent and clinically trained healthcare providers.
Accident & Emergency, Level 1
Open 24 hours
Contact & Enquiries
Red Zone/ Emergency : 03-3377 7999
Yellow Zone: 03-3377 7814
Business Office: 03-3377 7822
How to get access & services
-Referral from General Practitioner (GP)
SCOPE OF SERVICES
1. 24hours A&E Services in various discipline & refer to related consultants.
2. Admission services.
3. 24hours ambulance services.
4. Management of the mortuary.
ACCOMODATION AREAS INCLUDING:
• 2 Red Zone (critical) beds.
• 6 Yellow Zone (semi critical).
• 1 asthma bay for nebulizer procedure.
• Waiting area (Green Zone) with 2 consultation room.
• 1 plaster room for applying cast & removing of cast.
• 1 emergency shower room for bathing patient with dirt or chemical splashed.
• 1 procedure room.
Red Zone- Comprises two emergency beds fully equipped with acute resuscitation & management equipment.
Asthma Bay- Comprises facilities for acute management of asthma.
24 HOURS AMBULANCE SERVICES WITH PARAMEDICS
1. 24 hours quality service accredited by MSQH / IMS.
2. Equipped with advanced technology.
3. Inter hospital transfer services (Local / Outstation).
4. Transferring Neonatal and Pediatric cases.
5. Occupational emergency first aid.
6. Fire & Disaster Management Drill coverage.
At Lablink everyone of us from both the technical and administrative sections work in harmony in pursuing and meeting QUALITY STANDARDS in laboratory practice. We shall meet the needs and expectations of the medical practitioners who are our direct clients and in doing so our service will provide maximum benefits and satisfaction to the patients.
We take every opportunity given to us by our client doctors to make their already complex job easier, by providing accurate laboratory results and correct interpretations along with appropriate advice in the quickest possible "turn around" time. We work hard towards achieving this goal and helping our doctors to keep up with the continued advances in laboratory science. In providing prompt, cordial and cost effective service, patients' welfare is uppermost on the mind of our staff.
The laboratory is equipped with the current facilities providing services such as
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Blood Transfusion Services
Laboratory is open on Sunday/Public Holiday and after office hours. Overtime charge is charged on the tests done during these hours.
Please visit our website for further information.
Email : email@example.com
The Diagnostic Imaging Services is located on the Level 1 adjacent to Accident and Emergency Services.
Monday – Friday : 8.30am – 5.00pm
Saturday : 8.30 am – 12.30pm
Sunday & Public Holiday : Closed
HOW TO GET ACCESS SERVICES
Referral to us as outpatient services can be made by your GP (General Practitioner) or by our specialist consultants and Medical Officers.
We are using 1.5T (SIEMENS-Magnetom Avanto) to perform non radiation test that creates detailed pictures of organs and tissues such as cysts, brain aneurysms, stroke, tumors and cancer throughout the body.
Cardiac MRI creates both still and moving pictures of your heart and major blood vessels. Doctors use cardiac MRI to get pictures of the beating heart and to look at its structure and function. Cardiac MRI is commonly used to diagnose and assess many diseases and conditions, including:
CT scan ability to scan from head to toe makes it very versatile. KPJ Klang Specialist Hospital using the latest generation 64-slice scanner (Siemens ) of body type for:-
GENERAL X RAY
An x-ray is electromagnetic energy with a very short wavelength has been found useful for detecting some diseases in soft tissue, such as chest x-rays for diagnosing pneumonia and lung cancer and abdominal x-rays for detecting kidney stones and gallstones.
Common Diagnostic X-ray Studies:
KPJ Klang using of fluoroscopy the following study:
At KPJ Klang, doctors usually prescribe Ultrasound for following test:
Mammography is specialized medical imaging that uses a low-dose x-ray system to see inside the breasts. Mammogram is used as a screening tool to detect early breast cancer in women experiencing no symptoms. It can also be used to detect and diagnose breast disease in women experiencing symptoms such as a lump, pain, skin dimpling or nipple discharge. Screening mammograms usually are not recommended for women under age 40 who have no special risk factors and a normal physical breast examination.
Angiography or arteriography is a medical imaging technique used to visualize the inside, or lumen, of blood vessels and organs of the body, with particular interest in the arteries, veins, and the heart chambers. This is traditionally done by injecting a radio-opaque contrast agent into the blood vessel and imaging using X-ray based techniques such as fluoroscopy.
Haemodialysis is a process to remove bodily wastes and excessive fluid in the body
Dialysis is almost a painless process where we have created comfortable ambience to ensure patients satisfaction.
At KPJ Klang Specialist Hospital, we use SINGLE USE hemodialysis for all patients for patient's safety and quality outcome.
It is situated on Level 2 of the main block at KPJ Klang Specialist Hospital and easily accessible via front lobby escalator or by using main elevator.
HAEMODIALYSIS – REGULAR CLIENT
HAEMODIALYSIS – VISITING / WALK IN
HAEMODIALYSIS – FOREIGNER
HAEMODIALYSIS – EMERGENCY / ICU
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY PLEASE PROCEED TO ACCIDENT & EMERGENCY
Dialysis Services : +603 – 3377 7895 / 3377 7991 / 3377 7971 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
PHYSIOTHERAPHY & REHABILITATION SERVICES
Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation services provide a service to people with a wide range of problems using variety of therapies. The overall aim is to restore function, maximise independence and assist in improving quality of life by careful assessment, evidence based treatment, advice, education and working with patients to achieve mutually agreed goals.
At Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation services, we provide services such as:
1. Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Services
2. OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY SERVICES
3. SPEECH THERAPY SERVICES
HOW TO ACCESS PHYSIOTHERAPHY & REHABILITATION SERVICES
Referral to us as outpatient services can be made by your GP (General Practitioner) or by our specialist consultants.
CONTACT US & INQUIRIES
Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Services
Location: Level 2, Outpatient Block
Telephone: +603 – 3377 7891 / 3377 7893
Our Wellness Centre provides extensive preventive healthcare services and facilities in an environment focused on comfort and convenience to accommodate your needs. We believe that to maintain a healthy lifestyle, putting prevention into practice is important. Our Health Screening packages help to protect, promote and maintain your health and well-being. There are a wide range of packages offered by our services to suit your different lifestyle, stages of life, family and medical history.
The counselling provided during the initial assessment will guide you through your wellness requirements. Our caring and professional Wellness Doctor will handle all your preventive healthcare requirements with confidentiality.
The Wellness Centre located at 2nd floor Outpatient Clinic Block
Contact & Enquiries
Telephone: 03-3377 7876
The appointment can be arranged directly through our Wellness Centre by:
1. Online Appointment through our list of Screening Packages
2. Telephone Appointment at 03 –33 777876
3. Or you may walk in to make an appointment
Before the appointment, please be sure to prepare any of the following items that may pertain to you:
1. Valid Guarantee Letter (GL) from approved company (if any / cover by company)
2. NRIC or Birth Certificate for Malaysian Citizens under the age of 12
3. Passports for all foreigners
4. Appropriate exercise attire and footwear (for patients undergoing stress test)
Registration is done at our Wellness Centre . Vital signs will be taken, followed by blood investigation and urine test. After investigations are completed, a physical examination is carried out. Finally, consultation and review will be done by our Wellness Doctors and Dietitian. Our Clinicians will help understand your results as well as answer any questions or concerns that you may have. You will receive a personalized medical report within 7 days.
1. It is advisable to fast from midnight on the day before your screening appointment to ensure the accuracy of blood test for glucose and cholesterol profile.
2. Only plain water is allowed prior to screening.
3. Please inform the medical staff if you have any health problems such as chest pain, discomfort or tightness or have undergone any procedure such as balloon angioplasty, stenting or bypass surgery.
4. Please avoid from bringing expensive valuables with you during the screening.
5. You will be provided with light refreshments once your blood has been taken by the laboratory technician and / or after completing the ultrasound abdomen examination.
6. Do not consume alcohol 48 hours prior checkup
7. Do not wear contact lenses. Advisable and encourage to wear spectacles.
1. The ideal time to have your pap smear done is between 10-12 days after your first day of last menstrual.
2. If you are menstruating on the day of your appointment, please call up our Wellness Centre to reschedule your appointment. The result of your pap smear and urine test will be affected if you are menstruating.
3. Please inform the medical staff if you are pregnant or suspect that you may be pregnant as X-Rays, bone scans and mammograms are not recommended.
4. X-Rays are not recommended for those who has a similar X-Ray less than 6 months.
1. Avoid this examination if you are, or may be pregnant.
2. Do not use talcum powder or deodorant before your examination.
3. If you had mammogram before, please bring the films for our perusal.
4. For best mammogram results, you should arrange for the examination approximately one week after your last day of menstruation.
5. It is more convenient to wear a 2-piece outfit (such as a blouse with a skirt or pants) for ease of undressing.
1. The test will take about 10 - 20 minutes.
2. You will be asked to lie on a scanning couch.
3. A special gel is smeared onto the area to be examined. This gel will not stain and can be wiped off easily.
4. A probe will be moved over the area of examination. There should be no pain or discomfort.
1. Do not take any food at least 4 hours before the examination. Smokers are requested to refrain from smoking on the day of your appointment until after your ultrasound has been completed.
2. This examination is to detect any lesions related to the organs in the abdomen i.e the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen and kidneys.
1. Please drink at least 5 - 10 cups of water, as a full bladder is necessary and do not empty your bladder until after your ultrasound has been completed.
2. This examination is to detect any lesions related to the uterus, ovaries, bladder and presence of any pelvic mass for female and to detect enlarged prostate gland for male patients.
1. This procedure takes about 45 minutes to an hour, excluding waiting time. Please avoid heavy meals before the test.
2. Please bring along appropriate exercise attire and footwear.
3. Please inform the doctor if you are on heart medication.
4. Please inform the medical staff if there is any chest pain or discomfort before starting the test. Appointment can be rescheduled.
1. Please note that the HIV test will not be performed as a routine screening procedure unless specifically requested. You are required to sign a consent form if you wish to be screened for HIV.
Home Nursing Service is a nursing service where qualified nurses provide professional services to support the continuity of quality nursing care to patients who are recovering from illness, injuries or who are disabled or chronically ill in the comfort and privacy of their own home.
For more information and enquiries, please contact our Home Nursing Services at 03-33 777888 ext : 1156 (Izura)
Please fill in your particulars below:
KPJ Klang Specialist Hospital (KLGSH) is the KPJ group's 21st hospital. A multi-specialty 'one stop' tertiary care hospital of international standard,